In this two-hour presentation and interactive discussion, facilitated by Baptist Health Registered Dietitians, we will clear up the confusion on how to eat your way to a healthy heart — all while enjoying a variety of heart-healthy snacks and refreshments. We’ll also provide you with the support materials you need to make small changes over time that add up to big health benefits for life.
The HeartWise Eating Plan is based on the scientifically proven, heart-healthy Mediterranean style of eating. Not another fad diet; this is a sustainable approach to eating well, maintaining a healthy weight, and loving your heart.
A few of the topics we will touch on includes:
- Fats that make your arteries happy
- Hidden sources of sodium and sugar
- Eating well while dining out
- Daily calorie level needed to meet your personal goals
- The benefits of learning to “veg out.”
- Why it’s good to “go nuts” a few times a week.
Two hour presentation and interactive discussion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, once registered, you’re on the roster.