More than 80 percent of heart disease can be prevented. That’s why it’s never too early or too late to take your health to heart.
3 ways to take care of your heart
1. Know your numbers. Of course, it’s a great idea to have a relationship with a primary care doctor for your overall health. But you don’t have to wait for your annual wellness visit to stay on top of your risk factors. Why not get a free health screening from one of our wellness coaches throughout the community? You don’t have to be a Y member to take advantage of our free screenings, available five days a week at these locations:
- Baptist Y Healthy Living Center – Riverside
- Baptist Y Healthy Living Center – Mandarin
- Baptist Y Healthy Living Center – Ponte Vedra
- Baptist Y Healthy Living Center – Northside – Johnson Y
- Baptist Y Healthy Living Center – Dunn Ave. (opens Feb. 25)
2. Put yourself first. If you are a woman, chances are you take care of everyone before you take care of yourself. That’s why we created 4her Wellness Resources for Women, available at the Baptist Y Healthy Living Center Riverside location. Complimentary services include Wellness Wednesdays 4her (weekly gatherings featuring the latest on women’s health and wellness topics), wellness coaching for today’s busy woman, and navigation assistance to help you find the physicians and services you need.
3. Eat wisely. Choosing more foods from a Mediterranean-based diet can help prevent, and sometimes reverse, heart trouble. Download these helpful tip sheets from HeartWise medical director, Pamela Rama, MD.
Learn more ways to take care of your heart by visiting: baptistjax.com/heartwise.
Register for free HeartWise prevention classes here.